4/04/2005

Fest in Show

More pictures from last year's Odysseyfest down in Bama. I've had these laying around since October 2003, and now, through the magic of the tiny unicorn-mounted leprechauns that run back and forth between my laptop and heaven, I can share them with everyone! Except Jesus, who has seen them already.

The Great Brown Beauty, Chino's travelin' van, patiently waiting on Idlewild Cricle, but ready to go at a moments notice. The cone came down for the trip.

.

Then it was on to beautiful, pastoral, lip-sweat-inducingly conservative, South Alabama, were we sat in a field, wishing we had brought beach umbrellas, or much larger hats.

.
.
.

Back at camp, the fun flowed like slutty wine. Being one of the first entourages to arrive we were able to grab an island of shade giving hammock trees, where we circled our cars and hammocks, and also there were hammocks. The Travelin' Van went into action, or I gues, inaction, like the rest of us. God bless you Travelin' Van. There's a bed inside you.

.

Sunni enjoys the air of lethargy that has settled over camp.

.

Three, of many, wonderful things that happened:

1. The first night it got cold. But fires weren't allowed. Unless, of course, you had some sort of way to contain the fire, like a giant metal barrel I stole from my school's recycling center. Well, HA! And don't you know everybody doubted me. "Why is it smoking so much?" "I don't want to breathe in the smoke." "The smoke is black and smells funny." Granted I didn't know what had been in the barrel before I stole it, but after awhile it quit smoking, and no one's got cancer yet. Then a cop walked up, we all crapped our pants, he (I still don't believe it) congratulated us on having a safe, legal fire, and boom! I was drunk on vindication for the rest of the festival.

2. Reeves and Sunni had an air gun that shot gusts of air at you.

3. On the last day, a complete stranger walked into our camp, took off his shirt, and passed out on our tarp. He was there for six hours. I don't remember him leaving. He was very popular.

.

Maybe he had too much vindication.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello taylor , i hope this reaches you. I just wanted to send you something even though your birthday was like a million miles away, in time that is.

so here it is

well its not letting me so i will have to send it later

taylor said...

Thanks. Are you the guy who passed out on my tarp?